3D Modeler/Rigger/Animator Generalist Needed - Posted April 8th 2015Areas of expertise:
- The ability to produce functional artwork in a high end Software, 3DS Max, Maya
- An understanding of Zbrush or similar alternatives
- Can make a high poly mesh and break it down to a low poly one
- Can unwrap models
- Able to rig models
- Great knowledge of how to animate a 3D model
- Willingness to learn and have your work critiqued
- Good knowledge for modeling non-organic objects
- Knowledge on how to bring your assets into Unity3D - It supports the latest .FBX format
- Setting up Materials and selecting shaders in Unity3D
- Good understand of LOD and how to generate LOD levels
- Great texturing knowledge
- Experience with modeling organic creatures or humanoids
- Able to work with and keep track of multiple files in our project
What we use here:
3ds Max, Maya, Cintiq, Adobe Photoshop, Zbrush, Unity3D
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Must be either in Edmonton or willing to re-locate as this is an in-house full time position. You will be responsible for creating new content, arranging existing content, and helping prepare it for our programmers to put in the game.
QA Tester Needed (Contract) - Posted April 8th 2015Areas of expertise:
- Have great understanding of what makes games fun
- Played hundreds of games
- Enjoy deep RPG games and have an understanding of player progression
- Can organize a full bug library on Jira
- Enjoy working in a team environment and willing to create bug tasks based off team input
- Skills in any other areas including programming, art creation, etc.
- Unity3D experience
- Able to work with and keep track of thousands of bug reports in our project
- Experience using GIT or any other version control software
What we use here:
Jira, GIT, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Must be either in Edmonton or willing to re-locate as this is an in-house temporary fulltime, contract position. You will be responsible for testing our games and tracking any bugs you, the dev team, or the online community finds.
Life In Edmonton
We are located in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.
Edmonton is the capital city of the province of Alberta. It is located just a few hours from the Rocky Mountain towns of Banff and Jasper. It is a safe and friendly city with hundreds of parks and recreational sites.
Edmonton offers a great variety of restaurants, galleries, museums, festivals, theatres, sporting events, recreational centres, golf courses, outdoor biking and ski trails, and much more. Another huge attraction is West Edmonton Mall, the world’s largest shopping and entertainment centre.
The nightlife in Edmonton is also fun and exciting. You can look forward to dinner theatres, movie theatres, dance clubs, live jazz and blues bands, comedians, and concerts.
* Edmonton is Canada's 5th largest city, and the second-biggest between Toronto and Vancouver. Edmonton's population is approximately 877,926 people. The population for Edmonton and the surrounding area is approximately 1,328,000 people.
* Education: Edmonton is home to Alberta's largest university (University of Alberta), Alberta's largest technical school (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology), and Alberta's largest college (Grant MacEwan Community College). We also have a strong Public School system and Separate School system. Check out Edmonton's website for more info.
* Shopping: While shopping here, you will be in the only province with no sales tax.
* Recreation: In 2000, Edmonton ranked 43rd among North American cities in terms of access to recreational facilities. If you enjoy walking through a river valley, Edmonton has the largest natural urban parkland in North America. In fact, our 7400-hectare river valley park system is almost 22 times larger than New York's Central Park!
We are always looking...
Aside from the jobs listed to the left, there may be additional openings in the future, so please be sure to send in your resume anyways. We are always on the look out for talent.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Careers At CodeHatch" and your area of expertise in the subject line if you are interested in working with us.
Be sure to attach your resume and links to your online portfolio. We are always on the look for more talent, and even if we do not have an current opening in your area, we will remember you and may contact you before one opens up in the that area.